Friday, August 7, 2015

FUN MAMA MOMENT: River's Big-Girl Room

It's quite hard to believe that we made this transition. Where has the time gone? Literally, yesterday she was this 3 month old chubby bear....


Everyone warned me...they all said she would grow up in the blink of an eye. I didn't believe it and I'm feeling guilty for little moments with her that I didn't take advantage of; putting her to bed early because I was tired of her crying, not holding her a little longer after rocking her to sleep, sitting on the couch browsing Instagram instead of reading or playing with her, etc. Of course these are all small moments of time, but before I knew it she's started saying words, telling me what she wants, becoming little miss independent who wants to do everything herself. Breaks my heart really...

Now that she's ready, we've completely transitioned her room. It was the funnest project for me and my mom, who's clearly the most talented lady ever. You'll see why. Due to the excitement to start the project, there are no before pictures. Whoops...

I can't seem to shake my pineapple infatuation so River has to suffer from it. We did a pineapple, island-y, beach-y theme with mint, gold and coral accents. I can't even explain the excitement Riv had when she saw her room. Here is the final product!


This is the funnest bed courtesy of Ikea. It's the KURA bed and if you search pinterest for it you will find makeover after makeover of this bed. This is our take. It's the absolute best. Oh and do you see that lantern hanging there? Adorbs I know. And that cute banner that my mom made. I can't even! (She also made some of the pillows. Remember how I mentioned she's amazing?)

IKEA Kura Bed is found here, obviously.



I'll just say it. I have a LOVE for a great gallery wall. 
All frames are random pick-ups from good 'ole Home Goods, 
IKEA (the gold frames were $2.99 each and I spray painted them), 
Hobby Lobby...all the greats.

I found most of the prints on the cutest Etsy shops.
And some were handmade by awesome friends.


 I can't wait for Riv to get creative on her easel and paint, color and draw on it one day. She is ONLY in the stage of pulling out the whole spool of paper right now so that's been taken away. But its a great accent piece to the room now and we love it. 

I really can't get over how awesome this toy bin turned out. It doubles as stairs to get into River's bed and she can't stop climbing. Toddlers... 

MALA Art Easel here
TROFAST Toy Storage Unit here.


 This DIY magnet board was a hit with River girl.
Spent a whopping $11 on a giant oil drip pan from Auto Zone, painted it with white 
chalkboard paint, made some cute garland to cover the large company imprint and VOILA.

After adding the cute pineapple decals I just printed some google images I thought 
would be cute and ran them through the laminator and added magnet strips to the back. 
River has spent the most time at this board since her room has been finished.
I think it's her favorite.


 Under her bed we made this small little play area complete with her dollhouse, play table, shopping cart, and THE CUTEST vintage magazine rack to hold some of her books that we read right before bedtime.  And yes, we do read up to 13 books a night. Homegirl likes her books. 

Play table found here. Chairs here.
Melissa and Doug Dollhouse found here.
Vintage gold magazine rack found at Home Goods.


My favorite....the book shelves. Showcasing all the books we love and ready every day.
BTW Mom's...get to Home Goods NOW! They have the cutest modern takes on classic books like Red Riding Hood, Three Little Pigs and Goldilocks (pictured). They're amazing.


Lastly, her little dresser and trolly cart really add the cutest touches the the room.
For the dresser we found a small lamp at IKEA that was pretty inexpensive. The plant and pink lantern are also from IKEA. The golf leaf and pineapple tea pot are from Home Goods. 

The teal trolly cart is from IKEA. Curtains also from IKEA.


I'm in love with the room. I'm also glad it's completely done!

Let's hope time doesn't pass as quickly this time around and we're not getting 
ready for River's pre-teen room any time soon! 


1 comment:

  1. I love her room!! It is perfect for your adorable girl, your heritage and your fun family!!

    ReplyDelete